Rock garden or Zen garden — cultural structure of Japan, which is a usually a flat sandy area with several asymmetrically placed stones. Such an island of tranquility and harmony can be arranged anywhere, for example, on the desktop in the office, making a miniature replica of the Zen garden. And if you usually in this composition, main role is played by the stones, we proposed to make a mini Zen garden with his own hands with the use of plants: cacti, succulents and aeroview.
How to make a mini Zen garden with your own hands?
Very, very simple. For this cook:
- a plant (cactus or succulent);
- fine sand (for terrariums and aquariums, landscape design);
- optional — soil for succulents;
- capacity (transparent bowl, ceramic pot, box).
There are four main ways to make a miniature Zen garden.
- The pot is just buried in the sand so that I could see was a plant.
- Special soil for succulents or a regular placed in a nylon sock, put back the plant and tie the nylon. Then this bag with the plant buried in the sand.
- Many desert plants can be planted directly in the sand. But don’t forget to put on the bottom of the pot small stones for drainage.
- The second option is suitable for any plants. On the bottom of the container put the stones for drainage, then a layer of soil, and only the upper 2-3 cm of fill sand.
A special rake, stick or pen to create patterns and designs on the surface of the sand, every day is a new day. This contemplative activity is sure to bring You peace of mind and allow you to relax.